Ben David Shalvi Kop works with a wide range of voluntary associations and not-for-profit organizations dealing with topics like education, religion, welfare and health. Our firm provides service to hundreds of third-sector organizations.
Administering a voluntary organization is not the same as administering a profit-seeking company. They are subject to different types of public supervision – in the case of not-for-profit organizations, by the Registrar of NGOs. Hence, this sector has special characteristics, complex administrative challenges and accounting and reporting requirements that differ from those of businesses.
Our firm includes a designated department that specializes in providing advice and services specific to the needs and challenges of NGOs:
- Auditing and preparing financial statements based on not-for-profit accounting standards
- Guidance on meeting all necessary legal requirements
- Assistance in preparing budgets as well as budgetary monitoring and control
- Advice in the areas of taxation and Value Added Tax
- Assistance and counseling in submitting requests for financial support as well as in passing audits by relevant authorities.
- Accompaniment through audits conducted on associations by various authorities
- Conducting regular audits on behalf of the Registrar of NGOs
- Performing in-depth audits on behalf of the Accountant General
- Counsel on Education Ministry requirements for educational institutions